Wednesday 23 June 2010

Dust Presentation by Alun Cocks...

Alun Cocks came from Sheffield and was a student at Stockport College 18 years ago.

He was showing us some of the things that his company has produced recently, I was unable to copy a few of their works to my blog so I have supplied a web address of theirs if anybody would like to take the time to have a look at what this list means.

  • Arts/ Music
  • Mark Making - Man Utd Treble
  • C90
  • Almana fact - Type setting to perfection
  • Vodafone Billboards
  • Orange - 7 minute guide to Rome
  • Dairymilk - Marvellous Creations
  • Cogs and the great Machine - Penguin
  • Keep the faith
  • DS93
  • Deichniur fear
  • Corridor 8 - (Manchester Based)
  • Unloud
I must say that I did like the Dairy milk designs, however, I'm not quite sure but I'm positive that Alun said that they were unsuccesful in the end but in my opinion they were fantastic. However the only thing that I wasn't keen on was the Man Utd Treble work. I know he said this piece of work took him back to the drawing board quite a few times. I think you would understand if you saw the complication of the design it is black and white and very abstract. For me personally it is a little too much to look at but I do like Dust's other works.

No comments:

Post a Comment