Tuesday 21 December 2010

Brand Orienteering Workshop






Owen Stevens from Brand Orienteering gave us workshop on branding; he has lots of experience in the design industry working as a copywriter for Y&R, Saatchi & Saatchi, Slaymaker and more.

This to me was a very useful talk about how branding and design works and how it can be effective as a design. I am already using this information about branding now as I am working on product and packaging design with Lisa Baines in my class. It will also be helpful for future design work into branding work and other things areas which work in brand or logo design. It helped me to understand my brief and our brand we were working with. He gave us some really good tips we went though them by getting in groups together to understand branding.

I am glad that I had the chance to learn this process because I have thoroughly enjoyed working with repacking and rebranding products so I will probably be carrying this on and doing something like this in my final major project as this is perhaps what I want to get in to in the near future when I graduate.

No comments:

Post a Comment