Tuesday 21 December 2010

Work for Newclear Design





















Whilst I went to meet Phil from Newclear Design we spoke about a lot of work related things to do with graphic design which put my mind at ease just knowing a little bit about what the industry is like. The problems that you come across and how collaboration has worked for him to create his company. Overall we got on really well. To my surprise he phoned me a few days later and asked me if I would help him to design some flyers for a club near me called Heart and Soul and the night was created by Casa. Phil rang me on the Monday and wanted it done for Wednesday so he could have a look at it on Thursday and send it off for Friday. He also said that he was going to create one himself because they have a contract with Heart and Soul to create all of their flyers so they already have a set style that they have used for a few years. He didn't want the same style from me and wanted it to be a bit different to see what they thought of it. The brief said that the colours had to be black, red and white. He said that it is quite hard to use these colours and for the flyers to still look like it had a Christmas feel to it. So I decided to stay away from making it look gimmicky and superimposing Santa on a set of decks. I wanted something that was sophisticated and contemporary. So here is what it looked like above. In the end they went with Phil's design as it looked more like what he had done in the past for them but he phoned me and said he was very impressed and would like to be able to talk to me soon about doing freelance work for them which I am thoroughly looking forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment