Wednesday 22 December 2010

Jonathan Barnbrook











Jonathan Barnbrook created Barnbrook studio based in London, designing for a variety of clients but also creating typefaces. He showed us some very impressive work that he had created for David Bowie. Here is the image of it below:











Jon told us that languages are still evolving and that new typefaces need to evolve with it. It was interesting to see that he had started creating his own by taking photographs of architecture and logging where he had been and for example used arches from churches to create the letter ‘M’ or ‘W’.

He suggested starting up a business or a company when we leave University, but I would perhaps like to join a company for a couple of years so I know what I’d be getting myself in to and so I knew more about the industry.

I quite liked the way that Jonathan used red slides in his presentation so the audience knew what was coming next and his slides were quite dark and included video clips to keep the viewer engaged. I will try to do this in my next upcoming presentations.

No comments:

Post a Comment