Thursday 26 August 2010

Crogen Coach House






Just before the holidays started I went on a family weekend holiday for my Grandad's 70th birthday. The house itself is called Crogen Coach House and is based in Wales, Corwen.

Dating back to 1380, Crogen is a Grade II star listed building. The front of the house displays gothic architecture with many original features. The rest of the house dates to 1837.

The gilt work to the ceiling in the dining room, large stone fireplace and mahogany floor have remained unchanged. With 14 bedrooms, drawing room, dining room, numerous sitting rooms, original kitchen (with larders and pantry), cellars and magnificent grounds.

Apparently it is said that this exact house used to be Queen Victoria and husband Albert getaway house. Her exact words were, "We've arrived in paradise."- Queen Victoria visiting the estate in 1889.


It is truly an amazing house with lots of space. The views are absolutely out of this world as it has acres of land surrounding it. There is a much larger house just down the road where it is said that one of the Queen's bodyguards owns the land to this day.

It was really nice aswell as I love spending time with my family. I am a very family orientated person. I think just seeing my Grandad's face happy inspired me to put this on my blog. This is something that I will definately be wanting to do again.

Here are a few photographs of Crogen Estate below:

No comments:

Post a Comment