Tuesday 10 August 2010

Feel Good Fruit Campaign







Now this project was for D&AD and we had a choice weather we wanted to do this campaign or we could have a go at a few others. I decided I wanted mine to be fun and it was advertisement which is what I wanted to have a go at.

Here is what the Feel Good bottles of juice looked like:
















I had to come up with ideas that showed how good this drink was for you and to aim the advertisement campaign at an older audience than children. This was quite a tough challenge because the first ideas coming in to my head were kiddy like and simple things that children would like.

I started drawing out a few ideas, I did them A4 size so they would look a lot more realistic than just doing little scamps. For inspiration I started looking at things that I had already related as being good fruit adverts such as: Ribena, Vimto, Innocent, Sony (for the bold block colours), the Coca Cola adverts, and the 3rd year student from another college called Debbie that had just recently won the Feel Good Fruit campaign by making plastacine gnomes. Here are a few examples below:

















All of these adverts and colours inspired me to make my own designs here they are below:



























































I decided to go with the first deisgn that includes the fruit cut in to segmants where I have made a face ou of it. I decided to go to Tesco and buy lots of different types of fruit so I could try it out and make my own. Here are some of the best ones that I took and made in to a collage:

































Another final design I came up with was below, I went and bought some plastacine and started to make small models of fruit. I decided to put them in the fridge with two bottles of Feel Good drink to create the scene. Here is my final piece below:















I thoroughly enjoyed doing this project t was a lot of fun and was such a broad brief it gave me freedom to do what I wanted on it and come up with my own ideas instead of being on strict breif guidelines. I would love to do something like this again by using my different skills and materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment